[Irvine, CA] Blizzard is proud to announce the introduction of a new type of World of Warcraft server called Progression Based Servers or PBS for short. We have been given permission by the developers to provide some information regarding how these servers will work. We do not have an ETA as to when these servers will go live however we do anticipate the first set of PBS servers to activate prior to the expansion, "Wrath of the Lich King".
- PBS servers will come in all current server formats PVE, PVP, RP and RP-PVP
- Characters created on a PBS server are identical to current World of Warcraft Servers except that the level cap is decreased to 60 upon server conception.
- Characters must progress through the game to unlock content. For example, defeating General Drakkisath in Upper Black Rock Spire will allow players to begin the quest for Molten Core attunement.
- Various Milestones exist throughout the game and further game content will be unlocked at each interval.
- NPC's at each major city will allow players to track progression.
- Quests have been added to unlock each Battleground. A very special reward awaits the first player on each server to complete the quest for each Battleground!
- New progression encounters have been added to provide a dynamic feel to the world of Azeroth.
- New rewards await the victors!
We believe these new servers offer a fresh and exciting new return to previous content as well as alllowing new players to experience game play that may have been missed. For more news, log on to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev